If you are registering for competition please download and fill-out the forms below
A Teacher/Promoter who wishes to run a DFI Competition must send, in writing, the proposed date of the competition to the Competition committee no later than 90 days prior to the proposed date.
The application must contain (a) name of the organiser (b) full contact details (c) proposed date (d) proposed list of adjudicators (e) venue (f) application fee.
The application will not be considered, should the application fee not be included with the application.
The application fee will be returned to the applicant, should permission not be granted by the Committee to organise the competition.
The applicant has the right to appeal the decision of the Committee within 30 days. An Appeals Committee will be set-up, consisting of 5 Committee members to hear the appeal.
The decision of the Appeals Committee will be final.
A confirmed list of adjudicators must be sent to the competition committee no later than 28 days prior to the competition. The DanceSport Director will then verify the qualifications of all invited adjudicators.
The DanceSport Director can instruct the organiser to cancel an adjudicator.
There must be a minimum of 3 adjudicators engaged for any Open Competition and a minimum of 5 adjudicators for a Championship.
An Organiser who has held an annual event for more than 3 years may apply for Championship status.
The proposed date of the competition must be a minimum of 28 days before and after another recognized DFI competition.
All applicants must be members of the DFI
Closed School and Inter-school competitions organised by an DFI member
1. Any teacher or promoter must not organize a competition on the same day as a recognized DFI competition.
2. All competitions must employ a qualified adjudicator/s.
3. The organiser must inform the DFI competition committee a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the day of the competition of their intention to organise a competition.
4. The organiser of an Inter School competition may invite up to three (3) schools to their competition, but, no more.
5. Permission from the Committee is not necessary to organise a Closed School or Inter School competition.
6. An Inter School competition must be held a minimum of 14 days before and after an Open DFI competition